- Replant each tree cut (construction and lay out).
- Solar panels (construction and lay out + energy)
- Use of compost (waste management)
- Local product procurement policy (agriculture and catering)
- Biological garden and fruit trees used for the restaurant (agriculture and catering)
[googlemap src=”” ] [/tab][tab]
- Hospitality Tour Latin America : Florie spent 5 days with Rosa during the pre-opening phase, helping the development of a marketing plan following the “4P”: promotion, place, price, product.
Mayan Secret Boutique Ecoturismo is a nice little 12-suites hotel near Chetumal, located in the south of Mexico between the 7-colors lagoon of Bacalar and the Belize border.
Open since July 2014, it offers a spa, a restaurant, and …even a chapel, all of it in the heart of nature, near a small rainforest. It is a “boutique” hotel who aims at respecting the environment while having a “smart and elegant” touch; like its owner and manager, Rosa.
For an account of Florie’s experience, follow the link below:
Mayan Secret, when perseverance pays off
The Hospitality Tour
Translated by Guillaume Rey