- Facility’s type : guest house, cottage (with spa)
- Situation : Brittany, rural
- Capacity : 22 rooms (15 beds in the guest house, 25 in the cottage)
- Labels : european EcoLabel, éco-label européen, rando-accueil (hiking accomodation), 3 épis
- Opening : all year
- Welcome booklet (travelers’ awareness)
- Green Trek operation (travelers awareness) (waste management)
- Pellet stove (energy)
- Smart radiators (energy)
- Water Tank (water management)
- Bicycle availability for cleaner transport (eco-mobility)
- Delay grass cutting (agriculture)
- Eco-Fields! (eco-mibility)
- February 2014 : first visit and presentation of the Hopineo project.
- Tour de France 2014 (september) : Hopineo helped Florence Durand with some projects for which she didn’t have time : the use of rainwater for the cottage’s toilets, finding a solution for the parking’s ecological weed control…
Married to a farmer, she took over Les Bruyeres in 2010 as the place was on the decline. She refurbished the place trying to respect the sustainable development’s principles in which she believes. For her, it was “just common sense“. Then getting the label was just logical.
The place is at Erquy’s entrance, on the peninsula, between the Cap d’Erquy, Saint-Michel islet and a little farther from the Cap Fréhel. Beautiful ! It is convenient for seaside walks, hiking or biking. Despite the rumors about Brittany’s weather, the sun will probably be with you !
The rooms are comfortable and cosy. They are facing south and overlooking the beautiful heritage garden.
Everything comes together for you to spend a perfect relaxing moment in the Bruyères d’Erquy, at any time of the year.