- Accomodation type : hôtel***, cottage, agritourism (rearing : geese, horses, sheeps), restaurant
- Environment : rural (zone Natura 2000)
- Capacity : 12 rooms (including 2 accessible rooms for disabled people) + a cottage for 2 to 5 people
- Labels : European ecolabel
- Opening dates : April to November
- Local heritage : Bâton conteur (audio guide that provides explanations) to discover the domain.
- Local development, raising awareness among tourists, Local heritage : “Nature” workshops for kids and adults during school vacations.
- Agritourism : rearing geese
- 100% of the energy used is coming from renewable energy sources.
- Water savers installed on taps and toilet flushings.
- Organic waste composting.
- Reduction of packaging and food waste through the elimination of products in single dose.
- Uses certified ecological products and natural products such as white vinegar against limescale.
- Local suppliers and autoproduction for the restaurant.
- 4/6 april 2014 : invited for the sustainable development week ; discovery of the domain.
- France tour 2014 : Hopineo accompanied Marie-Rose and Serge Ampoulange through the development of the domain.
La Rhonie’s domain : a small corner of paradise, 100% “Nature”
Geese, horses, shacks made with flat stones, forest, roes and other cervids, caves… everything is there for tourists visiting Rhonie’s domain to reconnect with nature in a healthy and happy environment. The first tourists hosted in that beautiful place came in 1963. At that time, the current owner’s grandfather was managing the domain.
[box type=”note” ]“I can not consider running the domain without a balance between agriculture and tourism.”
Marie-Rose Ampoulange[/box] Every year from November to April, the domain does not host tourists. The managers devote their time to rear geese and turn them into typical and local products such as goose “pâté”, magrets, foie gras and confits, that the restaurant’s customers can eat during the tourist season. Organic certification does not exist for goose rearing but the farmers try to do it in the most rational way possible : « We rear to meet our needs, never more ». That means 700 to 800 geese every year, slaughtered, processed and sold on the domain, in the shop or at the restaurant. The food is organic and geese are reared in total freedom on the field.
Translated from French by Anaëlle.