During her HopTour of Latin America, Florie stayed a few days at D’Arcy Dornan home in Sao Paulo. They knew already each other as D’Arcy was Florie’s professor and program director during her Master in Hospitality & Tourism Management at La Rochelle Business School of Tourism (in France).
D’Arcy is canadian but lives in Brazil. He’s the Representative of the GSTC (Global Sustainable Tourism Council) here in Brazil since august 2014. The GSTC is an international and independent organization working on the development of international criteria to give a global definition and framework to sustainable tourism. The GSTC is working with the approval and recognition of the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO).
With D’Arcy’s support, Florie worked with her italian colleague Giada Masiero on a presentation to give a quick overview of the GSTC criteria and illustrate them with videos of concrete field solutions done by Florie during her HopTour. See and download the presentation here.
Also, during the GSTC Latin America meeting in April 2015, Florie had the opportunity to meet Randy Durband, GSTC Chief Executive Officer, and Luigi Cabrini, GSTC Chairman. To meet them also, you can watch the videos done by Florie: read the article.
Abonne-toi aux HopNews !
- [Emploi/Job/Trabajo] Honduras : Coordinador Unidad de Turismo de Trujillo
- #NoMasBasurasEnLaCostaColombiana – La llamada del corazón
- [Pasantía/Volontariado] Colombia : Turismo comunitario – La Ruta del Sancocho
- La Ruta del Sancocho – Encuentro con Carolina Dorado
- Encuentro con Elvia Cholotio, Mayachik’, Guatemala