“To develop Hopineo and promote responsible tourism in this part of the world.” – Simon.
On August 24th 2016, Léa and Simon took off for Japan, starting point of their HopTour Asia. Their goals?
- Look for new HopHosts and collect new HopSolutions for our existing partners.
- Help ecological and sustainable tourism organizations to develop their management tools while bringing new travelers to them by promoting them on Hopineo.
- Organize conferences and workshops for students and professionals in order to talk about mass tourism issues, and solutions that can be implemented to contribute to the preservation of the environment and social development.
- Offer more authentic and ecological trips to our travelers through the Hopineo website.
During several months, they will fo so by swaping their time and competencies in exchange for room and food; they will be doing HopTrips!
What skills do Léa & Simon offer to swap?
Léa & Simon offer a 5 to 10 days help around the following issues:
- Marketing: Help for the development of a marketing plan, creation of the organization page on Hopineo.org and advices for social networks.
- Photos and videos: Making promotional video and photo material.
- Environmental advices: Recommandation of good practices for water management, waste management, construction, local development, etc. thanks to their experience and to the Hopineo library.
- Financial advices: Increasing sales and optimizing costs.
- Human resources: Advices for human resource management and ethic.
Who are Léa & Simon?
At 28, Simon has worked for luxury hotels before specializing in community based tourism, especially in Indonesia and Malaysia. Before starting the HopTour, he was environmental advisor at Sukau Rainforest Lodge.
To contact Simon: profil LinkedIn | Facebook page
Léa is 22. Passioned with ecotourism, she has just graduated from Vatel with the Hospitality and Tourism International Management degree. She has worked in diverse hotels in Mexico, Montreal and France.
To contact Léa: profil LinkedIn | Facebook page
Their e-mail: email@example.com