Casa Nery, Honduras
- Accommodation type : hotel
- Location : Honduras
- Sleeps : 7 rooms (total capacity : 26 people)
- Opening dates : all year
- Light-emitting diode (LED) bulbs (energy)
- Instantaneous water heater (energy)
- Linens dried in the open air (under the hotel building where air conditioners reject warm air) (energy)
- Confort Star air conditioner with Inverter technology (energy)
- Lightwells in the bathrooms (energy)
- Purchase of crafts from the surrounding villages (local development)
- Natural materials used to build the hotel : wood + stones (construction and development)
- Fetching water from a well for watering the garden at sunset (water management)
- Access ramps for disabled people (social responsability)
- Organic garden and tea (food and agriculture)
- Hospitality Tour 2014 : Florie came in August to perform the tasks described below and identify HopSolutions set up.
- Improvement of the website, the Booking.com and Airbnb profiles, proposal for new sustainable practices.
The Casa de Nery is a small hotel which offers 6 rooms and 2 bungalows by the sea in the small town of La Ceiba, Honduras. La Ceiba is the departure town for ferries to the popular tourist island of Roatan (which offers many diving spots).
This is a charming small family hotel that Nery manages with the help of his brothers and sisters. It was built just 3 years ago and Nery chose natural materials (stone, wood). He tries to have as much vegetation as possible (which is not easy because the salty sea breeze is not always very kind to plants).
A stay at the Casa de Nery is a soft mix between a guest room and a 4 * hotel. Nery lives in his own house next door, but he is always around to assist guests and help them organize their stay. The hotel offers a swimming pool for families, and all the comfort of a big hotel (air conditioning, hot water, amenities, mini-bar…).
To decorate the hotel, Nery is supplied by the artisans from the local city, but also by those from a village in the most remote land, where he has a farm, and tries to support the population as much as possible. Nery wants to implement more sustainable practices. The process is running, and the eco-touristic spirit is there !
To read about Florie’s experience, you can follow the link below :
Casa Nery, small hotel will grow up
Translated from French by : Anaëlle Simon.